Elizabeth Parker Books

Elizabeth Parker Books
Author of books about dogs and thrillers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Mark Your Calendars and What's New?

It’s beginning to be a busy month, especially with all of the stores pushing the holidays on us! I’m still trying to get past this hot summer, and I see Christmas decorations out there.  Ouch! I’m not ready yet to start filling out all of my Christmas cards yet!
Needless to say, busy can be good.  Just giving an update on what’s new.  It’s nothing too exciting, but if you have nothing else to read, you can at least spend a moment here. Just don’t read it while you’re driving!

This week I became a member of Hearts Speak.  It’s a great organization that does fantastic things for companion animals.  I’m always interested in ways to help those without a voice and since I haven’t yet formulated a way to grow a money tree in my backyard (though believe me, I’ve tried), this was one group I wanted to become a part of.  You can check out their services at http://www.heartsspeak.org/.
Book Sales:
For the month of September, I’ve decided to slash prices for two of my books. The books that I’ve lowered the price on are my newest ones: Evil’s Door and My Dog Does That!
Evil’s Door is now available on Kindle, Nook and Smashwords for .99
My Dog Does That! is now available on Kindle, Nook and Smashwords for $1.49
As always, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to animal rescue.
Hallo-weiner!

Las Vegas Hot-Diggity Dachshund Club and Rescue is holding their 8th Hallo-Wiener Fundraiser on October 22, 2011 from 11-3pm.  This is such a fun event held by an amazing group.  They are going to be holding Costume Contest, Wiener Races, Kissing and Belly Rub contests Costume Contests, Wiener Races, and Kissing and Belly Rub contests.  The event will help raise money for dachshunds.  Many companies contributed great prizes to this event and I'm happy that I was able to donate some books as well.  Click here for more information on this fantastic group!  http://www.facebook.com/#!/lvhddcr or http://www.lvhddcr.com/ 
Southern Nevada Beagle Rescue Foundation
Southern Nevada Beagle Rescue Foundation is holding a rummage sale. This rummage & raffle Event will be held on October 1, 2011. Visit  http://www.southernnevadabeaglerescue.com/ for more details.  Many companies contributed great prizes to this event and I was able to contribute by donating some books for the raffles.  There’s going to be an adoption area as well!
If you’re on Twitter, then you may be familiar with the pawpawty that occurs every month. Along with others who donate, I’ve been trying to donate at least one book, if not more, for this great cause.  This month it falls on September 24th and 25th.  I’ll be donating one of each of my books.  Click here to view the group that sponsors this fantastic event.  Stop by. It’s a lot of fun! 
Two of my newest books have been added to Smashwords.  Find Evil’s Door and My Dog Does That! (as well as the rest of my books) on this site! CLICK HERE  to  download any of my books to Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and many other ereaders.
New Book on the Horizon
I’ve started on my new thriller and deciding on a title.  I’ll keep you posted as I get closer. I’m expecting it to be published by late December 2011/early January 2012. Stay tuned!
2011 Goal
At the end of January, 2011, I posted a blog of how I wanted to raise $2000 this year by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sales of my books to animal rescue.  As of today, I am at $1400.  Only $600.00 to go!  I am making every effort to reach that goal.  Thank you to my readers for making this possible and for all of your support.


So, that’s about it.  Like I said, nothing mind-boggling but some fun things going on.   Mark your calendars!

Copyright 2011 © Elizabeth Parker
Author of Finally Home: Lessons on Life from a Free-Spirited Dog, Final Journey: Buddys’ Book, My Dog Does That!, Evil’s Door, Unwanted Dreams and Phobia

No comments:

Post a Comment